Inquiry is at the heart of teaching and learning at VITA!
Inquiry is infused into all parts of our curriculum—from science to social studies, literacy, arts, technology and math.
Our inquiry process
- Builds on student interest and curiosity with teachers encouraging students’ ideas and questions
- Promotes 21st century skills: Creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication
- Engages students in investigating real world questions and problems
- Helps students develop the habits of lifelong learning
- Guides inquiry with in-depth instructional planning and assessment. Teachers start by establishing clear learning goals aligned with state and national standards — such as the Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards, C3 Social Studies Framework and International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Our educators will create a rich learning environment that incorporates relevant resources and materials. They will continuously evaluate their instruction and student work, and use this information to ensure learning goals are met.